Department of Social Services (DSS) has run different allowance programs under Social safety net Programs like-‘Old Aged Allowance’, ‘Allowances for Widows, Husband deserted and destitute Women’ and ‘Allowances Program for Insolvent Persons with Disabilities’. MIS has been designed and developed to manage those programs more efficiently and effectively.
The target of the software is to maintain transparency from application submission to fund disbursement to beneficiary account. Applicants can submit application even from their home without facing any difficulties. Complaints and cases also managed.
The system generates a list of MIS reports that assists the authority to make decisions.
Major safety net Programs
- Application Submission and Beneficiary Selection Process
- Fund Allocation and Disbursement
- Complaint and Case Management
- Financial Accounting and Expenditure Tracking system
- Passbook /Identity Management
- Document Management and Archiving
- Query and Advance Searching
- Data Verification (NID)
- User Access Management
- Access to information from anywhere from the world
- Capable of managing large volume of data (currently more than 5 millions data have been captured)
- Online and offline application submission
- Selecting appropriate applicant as per policy with more transparency
- Fund allocation by ministry and disbursement to beneficiary account
- SMS notification to beneficiary
- Managing the complaints and cases
- Online data verification with Bangladesh Election Commission (NID database)
- Audit trail
- Generating MIS reports