Department of Inspections for Factories and Establishments (DIFE) is a department under the Ministry of Labour and Employment responsible for ensuring welfare, safety and health of people working in various sectors of the country.
To strengthen DIFE’s planning and operational mechanisms with the support of the International Labour Organization (ILO)’s “Improving Working Conditions in the RMG Sector” programme funded by Canada, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Emphasis was placed on the digitalization of inspection services in order to ensure better efficiency, transparency and accountability of the labour inspectorate. To facilitate this process, ILO has supported DIFE to develop a Labour Inspection Management Application (LIMA) system. LIMA represents a major advancement in the way data on working conditions in Bangladesh are collected, stored, analysed and used and a step forward from the earlier paper-based system.
- Collect and manage data better
- Promote decision making based on evidence
- Effective and efficient service delivery
- Transparency and accountability
- Licensing services online
- Submit occupational accidents, injury and disease report online
- Submit Safety Committee data online
- Search OSH experts
- Remediation status update
- Submit complaints online and track their status
- View reports and data on working conditions in various sectors
- View statistics on labour inspection, working conditions and OSH
- View information on registered factories and establishments
- Search knowledge base on OSH, labour inspection, and factory safety