Management Information System of Taxation (MIST) is an initiative by National Board of Revenue (NBR) intended to provide a single window system for the Circles communities in Bangladesh to securely exchange the documents and information electronically with their stakeholders involved in the taxation chain including the tax financiers and government agencies.
The organization has a vast operation that includes Circle Offices, Ranges, Zonal HQs/Zonal-level Offices and the Head-Office itself. The main function of the NBR is demanding tax to the assesses and collecting of tax from them. These activities are mainly based at the Field Offices i.e Taxes Circles of the Department.
The target of the software to reduce the time duration of the assessment, availability of the information to the stake-holders, data-sharing between all other associated departments like VAT, Customs and Income Tax Department, scope to be created to collect information various sources like bank , insurances, stock exchanges, RAJUK & City Corporations, BTRA etc. The system also targets to monitor the annual or monthly targets & collection more speedily and correctly. The system is expected to generate all the required reports to help the authority to decide on issues on time.
- Organizational Structure
- Employee Management
- Budget Management
- TIN Management
- Return Management
- Collection Management
- Assessment Management
- Information Received Management
- Tax Holiday Management
- Penalty Management
- Refund Management
- Appeal Management
- Notice Management
- Audit Management
- Re-Open Management
- Sections/SRO Management
Features & Benefits
- Preserving TIN, Budget target, Return, Collection, Assessment and Appeal related information in secured manner
- Generating TIN certificates automatically
- Finding Assesses information by Assesses Category, Sub Category, Location etc.
- Generating Challan (IT-31/TR-6) automatically
- Tracking section wise Assessment, Collection, Penalty, Refund and Appeal related activities
- Managing Deducting authority information for at source collection.
- Providing auto at source Credit.
- Calculating income tax or Return income automatically
- Calculating simple interest automatically
- Generating income tax demand notice automatically
- Generating under section wise Penalty list automatically
- Assessment can be done without calling physical file
- Generating circle’s Arrear list automatically
- Generating Assessment year wise demand and collection information against particular Assessee
- Preparing statement of collection against budget target of zone and circle
- Generating Notice automatically by different under section
- Generating Order sheet for universal/self and filed case Assessment
- Indicating disputed demand automatically against Appeal filing
- Managing TIN transfer from circle to circle including all histories
- Preparing different registers and ledger automatically
- Providing current status of any Assessee accurately.
- Faster decision making of issuing Arrear demand.
- Assessee and its corresponding records can be accessed instantly by authorized person.
- Less-time-consuming for proper management.